Monday, March 12, 2007

News Round-Up

Scary thought: Brett Lee to continue his abominable singing career.

Must read: Another one of Rahul Bhattacharya's great articles. We are hoping he will write a book about this world cup.

Another article about the decline of cricket in the West Windies. Meh...

Simon Barnes takes his shot at talking about cricket in the Windies:
"Where West Indies cricket goes from here, Lord knows. All I can say for certain is that I’ve seen more sporting wonders from those scattered islands than I have from anywhere else in the world."
Amen to that, brother.

Graeme Smith says that they are not 'chokers'. Okay...

Mukul Kesavan carries his allegorical metaphors too far. Did not like this post at all. Very hackneyed.

World Cup starts in earnest tomorrow. We are stoked!

4 comments:

Trapper John said...

As bad as Brett Lee's music career may be, it's gotta be a damn sight better than "The Game of Love and Unity," which already makes me want to jam icepicks in my ears, and the tournament hasn't even started yet.

Mephistopheles said...

TJ, you being an aussie fan, obviously know nothing about "Love and Unity". ;)

Trapper John said...

Hey, I'm not the one who consistently refers to another team's captain with a pejorative nickname. That's just grade-school sledging, mang. I seek to transcend such vulgarity . . .

Great performance by the WI tail today, and a lack of mental toughness from Pakistan.

Mephistopheles said...

What can I say, TJ? You are a better man than I am. Can't resist the grade-school humor though. In my own way, I am very fond of Ponting. He will go down as one of the greats. When one can't complain about somebody's batting, one has to be 'imaginative' in their insults...

Yup Excellent match! Taylor and Smith won the match. Their fielding was quite top notch...